How kind of you to ask. 🙂
Let me tell you about it. This is chronological order, not necessarily in order of significance.
1) Yesterday was the anniversary of my heart surgery. Some years the actual date passes unnoticed. When I do realize, though, I always feel a definite sense of gratitude. I’m thankful for the medical technologies that allowed my condition to be corrected with a minimally invasive surgery, and I’m thankful that I made it safely to the point of diagnosis and surgery!
2) I spent a wonderful day with my kiddos at the Minnesota Children’s Museum yesterday. We were there for most of the day, and it was a lot of fun!
3) I talked to my mom on the phone, and for the second time in a row she reported that she feels better everyday. You see, she’s been having trouble with dizziness and severe headaches since mid-June, and naturally, I’ve been very concerned. She’s been in and out of the clinic and hospital for a variety of tests throughout the summer. Things considered as the cause range from brain tumor or stroke to Lyme disease or a pinched nerve. The latest theory is pinched nerve, and after having some physical therapy and some degree of relief, it seems this just may be the correct theory. It has been disheartening to hear doctors say it was one thing, then change to another thing, all the while my mom continued to suffer. I wondered if the doctors knew what they were talking about and even if they did, why was my mom still in so much pain?? Hearing her say that she feels better everyday is such a wonderful thing to hear! I’m beginning to believe that her doctors have finally figured out the problem and a way to address it. And a pinched nerve is so much less concerning than the other possibilities.
4) My coworker’s daughter was seriously injured in an accident in early August. I checked her Caring Bridge page yesterday and found that she had taken a huge step in her recovery! I’m rejoicing along with her family in her continued progress.
5) I enjoyed a nice dinner with my family. I made one of my husband’s favorite meals. We had tacos along with some homemade guacamole and tortilla chips. My husband is so awesome – he thanks me for dinner every night and is so easy to please. We didn’t have much time together yesterday, but I am so thankful to have him in my life and he contributes to my great days!
6) I went for a lovely 5k run last night, and it was beautiful. It’s getting to the point that I’m enjoying some pretty sunsets when I go for an after-dinner run. Getting out for a run seemed to me the perfect way to celebrate my healthy heart anniversary! Because of my surgery, my heart can safely handle it. 🙂
7) I came home from my run just in time to read stories with my children. Reading together is one of my favorite things.
So, as you can see, my day included a lot of positive things, big and small. Things I enjoy and things I can be thankful for. It was a great day.