I tried a new dish called ‘Pineapple Sweet Potato and Chicken Bake’ and thought it was worth sharing. Actually, I thought it was absolutely wonderful.
I started with this recipe, but I made some changes. The recipe I’m sharing here is my adapted version.
Pineapple Sweet Potato & Chicken Bake
1 fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 garlic clove
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 package boneless, skinless chicken breasts, but into strips
4 scallions, chopped
2 cups sweet potatoes, diced
1 cup water
* Preheat oven to 375 degrees
* Combine the oil garlic, honey, soy sauce and lemon juice – mix well to make a marinade.
* Use 1/2 of the marinade mix to marinate the chicken for 10 minutes.
* Toss the pineapple pieces, half the scallions and the sweet potato with the remaining marinade and place it into a casserole dish. Bake 10 minutes until the potato begins to soften. Bake uncovered.
* Add the marinated chicken, the marinade and water. Add the seasonings to suit your taste. I used about 1 T cumin, 1 T turmeric and 1 t coriander. Cook 20 more minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the ingredients have caramelized.
* Serve over a bed of rice or noodles and sprinkle with the remaining scallions.
I find myself using cumin quite often. What seasonings do you most often use in your cooking?