I’ve been more focused on the Fargo Half-Marathon because it’s coming up sooner (about a month!), but there have been some developments on the Ragnar front, too.
First of all, I should point out, Ragnar Chicago isn’t that far away either. It’s coming up in less than two months, on June 10 and 11. I’m really looking forward to it!
Since I last spoke of it, we’ve gotten our leg assignments. Our team captain (my lovely sister-in-law) asked us to list our preferences, and I noted several that I’d be most happy to take. I ended up with Runner 5, which has 6.3 miles (hard), 3.2 miles (easy), and 2.9 miles (easy). Each leg is ranked easy, medium, hard or very hard. I have fewer miles overall this year than last year, but this is the first time I’m taking a leg that has been classified as hard. So one step back and one step forward, I guess.
I think my leg assignment is beautiful for a few reasons:
1) I will get over the “hard” label and give it a try this year.
2) My three runs get progressively shorter. That’s a beautiful thing right there, getting the longest run over with right away!
3) According to the course map, it looks to be mainly flat.
4) I get to run in Milwaukee (never been there before), and along Lake Michigan (how cool is that?).
And not specific to my legs, but regarding the race overall:
5) We end up in Chicago, which is a really fun city!
What’s your favorite city to visit? Chicago is definitely up there for me. 🙂