In the long run, men hit only what they aim at. Therefore, they had better aim at something high.
~Henry David Thoreau
It should come as no surprise that I’m a Thoreau fan (check out the name of this blog!). He is the author of one of my all time favorite books – Walden. Thoreau has shared a great many thoughts that I find inspiring, and this is a good example.
I agree with this. I think it can be very motivating to set goals, even lofty goals, for ourselves. Maybe we won’t accomplish all we set out to do, but likely more than if we hadn’t set those goals.
I think it is great to:
* Set goals
* Work hard
* Give it our best effort
* Learn from our experiences, good and bad
* Be proud of our accomplishments
* Be forgiving of our shortcomings
* Work at being our best selves
* Accept and love ourselves throughout the journey
Happy Monday, and here’s to aiming high!!